Technology Appraisals Endorsement Process
The Department has reviewed its process for the endorsement, implementation, monitoring and assurance of NICE Technology Appraisals in Northern Ireland. The new arrangements are detailed in following circulars, which is effective from 18th December 2013;
- NICE Technology Appraisals – Process for Endorsement, Implementation, Monitoring and Assurance in Northern Ireland – HSC (SQSD) 02/13
For information, details of the previous arrangement can be found on the following circular;
- NICE Technology Appraisals and Clinical Guidelines – New Process for Endorsement, Implementation, Monitoring and Assurance in Northern Ireland – HSC (SQSD) 04/11
The following technology appraisals have been endorsed during 2015/16. Information on technology appraisals endorsed in previous years can be found on the homepage.
- NICE TA 385 - Ezetimibe for the treatment of primary (heterozygous-familial and non-familial) hypercholesterolaemia (review of TA132)
- Note - this guidance updates and replaces TA132, which was endorsed by the DoH in February 2008
- NICE TA 384 - Nivolumab for treating advanced (unresectable or metastatic) melanoma
- NICE TA 381 - Olaparib for maintenance treatment of relapsed, platinum-sensitive, BRCA mutation-positive ovarian, fallopian tube and peritoneal cancer after response to second-line or subsequent platinum-based chemotherapy
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA620 - Olaparib for maintenance treatment of relapsed platinum-sensitive ovarian, fallopian tube or peritoneal cancer, which was endorsed by the DoH in February 2020.
- NICE TA 380 - TA 380 - Panobinostat for treating multiple myeloma in people who have received at least one prior therapy
- NICE TA 379 - Nintedanib for treating idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- NICE TA 378 - Ramucirumab for treating advanced gastric cancer or gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma after chemotherapy
- NICE TA 377 - Enzalutamide for treating metastatic hormone-relapsed prostate cancer not previously treated with chemotherapy
- NICE TA 376 - Radium-223 dichloride for treating metastatic hormone relapsed prostate cancer with bone metastases
- Note - This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA 412 - Radium-223 dichloride for treating metastatic hormone relapsed prostate cancer with bone metastases, which was endorsed by the DoH in October 2016
- NICE TA 375 - Adalimumab, etanercept, infliximab, certolizumab pegol, golimumab, tocilizumab and abatacept for rheumatoid arthritis not previously treated with DMARDs or after conventional DMARDs only have failed
- Note - This updates and replaces TA130 endorsed by DoH in July 2008, TA186 endorsed by the DoH in December 2011 and TA280 endorsed by the DoH in May 2013. It also partially updates TA225 endorsed by DoH in December 2011 and TA247 endorsed by the DoH in March 2012.
- NICE TA 383 - TNF-alpha inhibitors for ankylosing spondylitis and non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis
This updates and replaces TA143 endorsed by DoH in February 2009 and TA233 endorsed by the DoH in December 2011.
- NICE TA 374 - Erlotinib and gefitinib for treating non-small-cell lung cancer that has progressed following prior chemotherapy (Review of TA162 and TA175)
- This updates and replaces TA162, which was endorsed by the DoH in March 2009.
- NICE TA 373 - Abatacept, adalimumab, etanercept and tocilizumab for treating juvenile idiopathic arthritis (including review of TA35)
- NICE TA 372 - Apremilast for treating active psoriatic arthritis
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA433 - Apremilast for treating active psoriatic arthritis, which was endorsed by the DoH in March 2017.
- NICE TA 371 - Trastuzumab emtansine for treating HER2-positive, unresectable locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer after treatment with trastuzumab and a taxane
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA458 - Trastuzumab emtansine for treating HER2 positive advanced breast cancer after trastuzumab and a taxane, which was endorsed by the DoH in August 2017.
- NICE TA 370 - Bortezomib for previously untreated mantle cell lymphoma
- NICE TA 369 - Ciclosporin for treating dry eye disease which has not improved after treatment with artificial tears
- NICE TA 368 - Apremilast for treating moderate to severe plaque psoriasis
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA419 - Apremilast for treating moderate to severe plaque psoriasis, which was endorsed by the DoH in December 2016
- NICE TA 367 - Vortioxetine for treating major depressive disorder
- NICE TA 366 - Pembrolizumab for treating advanced melanoma previously untreated with ipilimumab
- NICE TA 365 - Ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir with or without dasabuvir for treating chronic hepatitis C
- NICE TA 364 - Daclatasvir for treating chronic hepatitis C
- NICE TA 363 - Ledipasvir-sofosbuvir for treating chronic hepatitis C
- NICE TA 360 - Paclitaxel as albumin-bound nanoparticles in combination with gemcitabine for previously untreated metastatic pancreatic cancer
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA476 - Paclitaxel as albumin-bound nanoparticles with gemcitabine for untreated metastatic pancreatic cancer, which was endorsed by the DoH in October 2017.
- NICE TA 359 - Idelalisib for treating chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- NICE TA 358 - Tolvaptan for treating autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease
- NICE TA 357 - Pembrolizumab for treating unresectable, metastatic melanoma after progression with ipilimumab
- NICE TA 355 - Edoxaban for preventing stroke and systemic embolism in people with non‑valvular atrial fibrillation
- NICE TA 354 - Edoxaban tosylate for the treatment and secondary prevention of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism =
- NICE TA 352 - Vedolizumab for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active Crohn’s disease after prior therapy
- NICE TA 350 - Secukinumab for treating moderate to severe plaque psoriasis
- NICE TA 349 - Dexamethasone intravitreal implant for treating diabetic macular oedema
- NICE TA 348 - Everolimus for preventing organ rejection in liver transplantation
- NICE TA 347 - Nintedanib for previously treated locally advanced, metastatic or locally recurrent non-small cell lung cancer
- NICE TA 346 - Aflibercept for treating diabetic macular oedema
- NICE TA 345 - Naloxegol for treating opioid induced constipation
- NICE TA 344 - Ofatumumab in combination with chlorambucil or bendamustine for previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- NICE TA 343 - Obinutuzumab in combination with chlorambucil for untreated chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- NICE TA 342 - Vedolizumab for treating moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis
- NICE TA 341 - Apixaban for the treatment and secondary prevention of deep vein thrombosis and/or pulmonary embolism
- NICE TA 340 - NICE TA 340 - Ustekinumab for treating active psoriatic arthritis (Rapid Review of TA313)
- NICE TA 339 - Omalizumab for treating previously treated chronic spontaneous urticaria
- NICE TA 338 - Pomalidomide for treating relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma previously treated with both lenalidomide and bortezomib
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA427 - Pomalidomide for multiple myeloma previously treated with lenalidomide and bortezomib, which was endorsed by the DoH in February 2017.
- NICE TA 337 - Rifaximin for the maintenance treatment of hepatic encephalopathy
- NICE TA 336 - Empagliflozin in combination therapy for treating type 2 diabetes
- NICE TA 335 - Rivaroxaban for preventing adverse outcomes after acute management of acute coronary syndrome
- NICE TA 330 - Sofosbuvir for treating chronic hepatitis C
Endorsed with caveats
Not Endorsed as Applicable to Northern Ireland