Technology Appraisal Endorsement Process
The following technology appraisals were endorsed during 2012-13 using the process that came into effect on 28 September 2011. Information on technology appraisals endorsed in previous years can be found on the homepage.
- TA 275 - Apixaban for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in people with non-valvular atrial fibrillation
- TA 274 - Ranibizumab for treating diabetic macularoedema (rapid review of technologyappraisal guidance 237)
- TA 272 - Vinflunine for the treatment of advanced or metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelial tract
- TA 271 - Fluocinolone acetonide intravitreal implant for the treatment of chronic diabetic macular oedema
- TA 265 - Denosumab for the treatment of bone metastases from solid tumours
- TA 269- Vemurafenib for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic BRAF V600 mutation-positive melanoma
- TA 268 - Ipilimumab for previously treated advanced (unresectable or metastatic) malignant melanoma
- TA 267 - Ivabradine for the treatment of chronic heart failure
- TA 266 - Mannitol dry powder for inhalation for the treatment of cystic fibrosis
- TA 264 - Alteplase for treating acute ischaemic stroke (review of technology appraisal guidance 122)
- TA 263 - Bevacizumab in combination with capecitabine for the first-line treatment of metastatic breast cancer
- TA 261 - Rivaroxaban for the treatment of deep vein thrombosis and prevention of recurrent deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- TA 260 - Botulinum toxin type A for the prophylaxis of headaches associated with chronic migraine
- TA 259 - Abiraterone for castration-resistant metastatic prostate cancer previously treated with a docetaxel-containing regimen
- TA 258 - Erlotinib for the first-line treatment of locally advanced or metastatic EGFR-TK mutation-positive non-small-cell lung cancer
- TA 257 - Lapatinib and trastuzumab in combination with an aromatase inhibitor for the first-line treatment of metastatic - hormone receptor positive breast cancer which over-expresses HER2
- TA 256 - Rivaroxaban for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in people with atrial fibrillation
- TA 255 - Cabazitaxel for the second line treatment of hormone refractory, metastatic prostate cancer
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA 391 - Cabazitaxel for hormone relapsed metastatic prostate cancer treated with docetaxel, which was endorsed by the DoH in June 2016.
- TA 254 - Fingolimod for the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis
- TA 253 - Boceprevir for the treatment of genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C
- This Guidance has been Withdrawn
- TA 252 - Telaprevir for the treatment of genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C
- This Guidance has been Withdrawn
- TA 251 - Dasatinib, nilotinib and standard-dose imatinib for the first line treatment of chronic myeloid leukaemia (incl part-review of TA 70)
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA426 - Dasatinib, nilotinib and imatinib for untreated chronic myeloid leukaemia, which was endorsed by the DoH in January 2017.
- TA 250 - Eribulin for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA423 - Eribulin for treating locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer after 2 or more chemotherapy regimens, which was endorsed by the DoH in January 2017.
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA515 - Eribulin for treating locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer after 1 chemotherapy regimen, which was endorsed by the DoH in April 2018.
- TA 249 - Dabigatran etexilate for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in atrial fibrillation
Endorsed With Caveats
Not Endorsed as Applicable to Northern Ireland