Technology Appraisals Endorsement Process
The following technology appraisals were endorsed during 2013-14 using the process that came into effect on 18 December 2013. Other technology appraisals endorsed during 2013-14 under the previous process are detailed further down the page. Information on technology appraisals endorsed in previous years can be found on the homepage.
- NICE TA 306 - Pixantrone monotherapy for treating multiply relapsed or refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's B-cell lymphoma
- NICE TA 305 - Aflibercept solution for injection for the treatment of macular oedema caused by central retinal vein occlusion
- NICE TA 304 - Total hip replacement and resurfacing arthroplasty for the treatment of pain or disability resulting from end stage arthritis of the hip (Review of technology appraisal guidance 2 and 44)
- NICE TA 301 - Fluocinolone acetonide intravitreal implant for treating chronic diabetic macular oedema after an inadequate response to prior therapy (Rapid review TA271)
- This guidance has been partially updated by TA613 - Fluocinolone acetonide intravitreal implant for treating chronic diabetic macular oedema in phakic eyes after an inadequate response to previous therapy, which was endorsed by the DoH in December 2019.
- NICE TA 300 - Peginterferon alfa and ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C in children and young people
- NICE TA 299 - Bosutinib for previously treated chronic myeloid leukaemia
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA 401 - Bosutinib for previously treated chronic myeloid leukaemia, which was endorsed by the DoH in September 2016.
- NICE TA 298 - Ranibizumab for treating choroidal neovascularisation associated with pathological myopia
The following technology appraisals were endorsed during 2013-14 using the process that came into effect on 28 September 2011:
- NICE TA 296 - Crizotinib for the treatment of previously treated non-small-cell lung cancer associated with an anaplastic lymphoma kinase fusion gene
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA422 - Crizotinib for previously treated anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive advanced non-small-cell lung cancer, which was endorsed by the DoH in January 2017.
- NICE TA 295 - Everolimus in combination with an aromatase inhibitor for the treatment of HER2 negative, oestrogen receptor positive locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer after prior endocrine therapy
This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA421 - Everolimus with exemestane for treating advanced breast cancer after endocrine therapy, which was endorsed by the DoH in January 2017.
- NICE TA 294 - Aflibercept solution for injection for the first line treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration
- NICE TA 293 - Eltrombopag for the treatment of chronic idiopathic (immune) thrombocytopenic purpura (review of technology appraisal 205
- NICE TA 292 - Aripiprazole for treating moderate to severe manic episodes in adolescents with bipolar I disorder
- NICE TA 291 - Pegloticase for treating severe debilitating chronic tophaceous gout
- NICE TA 290 - Mirabegron for treating symptoms of overactive bladder
- NICE TA 289 - Ruxolitinib for disease-related splenomegaly or symptoms in adult with myelofibrosis
- NICE TA 288 - Dapagliflozin in combination therapy for treating type 2 diabetes
- Recommendation 1.3 of this guidance has been updated and replaced by TA418 - Dapagliflozin in triple therapy for treating type 2 diabetes, which was endorsed by the DoH in December 2016.
- NICE TA 287 - Rivaroxaban for treating pulmonary embolism and preventing recurrent venous thromboembolism
- NICE TA 285 - Bevacizumab in combination with gemcitabine and carboplatin for treating the first recurrence of platinum-sensitive advanced ovarian cancer
- NICE TA 284 - Bevacizumab in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin for first-line treatment of advanced ovarian cancer
- NICE TA 283 - Ranibizumab for treating visual impairment caused by macular oedema secondary to retinal vein occlusion
- NICE TA 282 - Pirfenidone for treating idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- This guidance has been updated and replaced by TA504 - Pirfenidone for treating idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, which was endorsed by the DoH in March 2018.
- NICE TA 280 - Abatacept for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis only after the failure of conventional disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (rapid review of TA234).
This guidance has been replaced or partially updated by TA375 - Adalimumab, etanercept, infliximab, certolizumab pegol, golimumab, tocilizumab and abatacept for rheumatoid arthritis not previously treated with DMARDs or after conventional DMARDs only have failed, endorsed by the DoH in February 2016’ under each of the above.
- NICE TA 279 - Percutaneous vertebroplasty and percutaneous balloon kyphoplasty for the treatment of osteoporotic vertebral fracture
- NICE TA 278 - Omalizumab for the treatment of severe persistent allergic asthma in children aged 6 and over and adults (review of TA133 and TA201)
Endorsed with Caveats
Not Endorsed as Applicable to Northern Ireland