The £116m fund – which includes £16m re-profiled from last year - has allowed key projects which began last year to continue.
• £52 million to reform community and hospital services, including day case surgery hubs, social services training, reviews of existing services such as pathology, imaging, bariatric and oncology, and investment in important mental health services
• £19 million to support the provision of practice-based physiotherapists, mental health specialists and social workers working alongside GPs in local practices
• £14 million funding for the most clinically urgent cases on hospital waiting lists
• £13 million to support our workforce in areas such as medical speciality training, physiotherapy training, GP development, leadership and training for ambulance staff, including training new paramedics and stabilising NI ambulance staffing numbers
• £13 million to build capacity in communities; supporting more acute care to be accessed at home, and to support prevention, through new photo triage technology, and new cardiovascular prevention programmes
• £5 million to enable meaningful co-production with those who use and deliver services, continued quality improvement and investments in modernising our out-dated IT systems
Notes to editors:
- For more detail on the projects and initiatives being supported through transformation go to: www.health-ni.gov.uk/articles/progressreportintroduction
- The funding allocation for 18/19 is detailed at: www.health-ni.gov.uk/news/health-and-social-care-transformation-funding-announced
- £200m non-recurrent, revenue funding was provided to the Department of Health through the Confidence and Supply Agreement, to support transformation over a two-year period – 2018/19 and 2019/20.
- For media enquiries please contact the Department of Health Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Minister announces £11.7m care home support package 02 June 2020
- Minister Swann - Daily press conference speaking notes 2 June 2020 02 June 2020
- Minister sets out scale of contact tracing operation 01 June 2020
- Minister Swann comments on NISRA statistics 29 May 2020