The Department of Health can confirm that a new temporary contractor has been appointed to manage GP services to the patients of Maphoner Surgery, Mullaghbawn.
The Southern Health and Social Care Trust has been asked by the Department of Health to temporarily take over the management of the Maphoner Surgery following the retirement of the current GP.
From 1 July, the Trust will support all current General Medical services in the practice. All 5,300 patients of Maphoner Surgery will continue to be registered with the practice. Letters will be issued to all patients later this week and they should continue to contact the practice in the usual way.
The Department of Health will continue with work to secure a permanent GP contractor for the practice over the coming months.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of the quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 30 September 2023 30 November 2023
- New pancreatic cancer partnership announced 30 November 2023
- Health Survey (NI): First Results 2022/23 29 November 2023
- New obesity consultations launched 24 November 2023