Purpose of this guide
The aim is to aid professionals in providing support to women and their families throughout the time of the loss of their baby.
This guide should be read in conjunction with the relevant regional care pathway (depending on gestation of pregnancy loss).
The overarching aim is to:
- promote a sensitive and thoughtful parent and family-centered approach to care
- provide health professionals and others with the guiding principles of good evidence-based practice
- establish a regional standard of care throughout Northern Ireland by the
- implementation of the Regional Bereavement Pathways for Care
- provide guidance around the various legislations, for example, The HumanTissue Act 2004
Bereavement guidance after the experience of a miscarriage, stillbirth or neonatal death