Health Minister Robin Swann has updated the Assembly on the Urology Services Public Inquiry.
The Minister’s update included the establishment of Terms of Reference and the appointment of expert personnel to the Inquiry. It also confirmed that the setting up date for the Inquiry will be 6 September 2021.
The update was provided in a written statement to the Assembly. DoH Ministerial announcements and statements 2021.
The Health Minister announced in November that a Public Inquiry would take place in relation to serious concerns about the clinical practice of a urology consultant who had retired during 2020 from the Southern Trust.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt(external link opens in a new window / tab).
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- For further information on the Urology Services www.urologyservicesinquiry.org.uk
- 1000th Community-Pharmacy Partnership receives funding to reduce health inequalities 24 March 2023
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 24 March 2023
- Publication of “Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (October – December 2022)” 23 March 2023
- Appointment of a Non-Executive Member to the Children’s Court Guardian Agency for Northern Ireland 22 March 2023