The Department of Health (DoH) has today published “Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (January - March 2020)”.
This publication of quarterly figures relates to assessments and re-assessments offered to carers in Northern Ireland. A carers’ assessment looks at each carer as an individual with their own personal circumstances, and will identify any particular needs they may have as a result their caring duties.
Key Facts and Figures:
During quarter ending 31 March 2020:
- A carers' assessment was offered to 4,082 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 31 March 2020. This represented a 3% (119) decrease on the number of assessments offered in the previous quarter (4,201), and a decrease of 14% (652) when compared to the same quarter in 2019 (4,734).
- Of the 4,082 carers’ assessments offered, 48% (1,979) were accepted / completed and 52% (2,103) were declined.
- Those carers caring for someone in the Family and Childcare / Children with Disabilities client groups were the most likely to accept an offer of an assessment, whereas those caring for someone in the Older People client group were most likely to decline an offer of an assessment.
- A carers' reassessment was offered to 992 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 31 March 2020. This represented a 20% (247) decrease on the number of assessments offered in the previous quarter (1,239), and a decrease of 11% (120) when compared to the same quarter in 2019 (1,112).
Of the 992 carers’ reassessments offered, 73% (725) were accepted / completed and 27% (267) were declined.
Notes to editors:
- This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
- A statistical release of carers’ information is published on a quarterly basis.
- Statistics detailed within the bulletin are presented regionally and by Health and Social Care Trust in respect of carers’ assessments and reassessments that are offered, accepted / completed and declined; and are available by the client group of the person being cared for.
- Similar statistics relating to the quarter ending 30 June 2020 are due for release in September 2020.
- This publication is available on the Department's website.
Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Room 11, Annexe 2
Belfast BT4 3SQ
Telephone: (028) 9052 8134
Internet: Department of Health
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Release of Northern Ireland inpatient, day case and outpatient hospital statistics for 2019/20 06 August 2020
- Current R Number estimate 06 August 2020
- Minister comments on Covid-19 statistics 06 August 2020
- Quarantine regulations updated 06 August 2020