The Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety has today published Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (April - June 2015)
This publication of quarterly figures relates to Carers’ Statistics in Northern Ireland.
Key facts and figures:
During quarter ending 30 June 2015:
- A carer’s assessment was offered to 3,100 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 30 June 2015. This represented an increase of 1% (24) from the quarter ending 31 March 2015 (3,076) and an increase of 13% (355) from the same quarter last year (2,745).
- Of the 3,100 carers’ assessments offered, 39% (1,201) were accepted / completed and 61% (1,899) were declined.
- A carer’s reassessment was offered to 565 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 30 June 2015. This represented an increase of 11% (57) from the quarter ending 31 March 2015 (508) and an increase of 61% (213) from the same quarter last year (352).
- Of the 565 carers’ reassessments offered, 62% (352) were accepted / completed and 38% (213) were declined.
Notes to editors:
- This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DHSSPS.
- A statistical release of carers’ information is published on a quarterly basis.
- Statistics detailed within the bulletin are presented regionally and by Health and Social Care Trust in respect of carers’ assessments and reassessments that are offered, accepted / completed and declined; and are available by the client group of the person being cared for.
- Similar statistics relating to the quarter ending 30 September 2015 are due for release on 3 December 2015.
- This publication is available online
- Further information is available from Community Information Branch
- Media queries to DHSSPS Press Office on 02890 520074, or out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 9971 5440 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Quarterly Carers Statistics for Northern Ireland (April – June 2023) 22 September 2023
- Extension to the terms of appointment of two Non-executive Directors to the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service 22 September 2023
- Unused medicines cost Northern Ireland health system £18m per year 20 September 2023
- Department of Health statement 18 September 2023