The Department of Health can confirm that a new GP contractor has been appointed to provide GP services to the patients of Racecourse Medical Centre in Shantallow, Londonderry, with effect from 1 June 2023.
The new contractor is Dr Ravinder Kumar, a GP who has experience running two GP practices in Manchester.
It follows extensive work to identify a new GP contractor to take over the practice, following the termination of the contract by the previous contractor in November 2022.
All 4,799* patients of Racecourse Medical Centre have been automatically registered with the new practice.
Updated position on 26 May 2023
The Western Health and Social Care Trust will be the new temporary contractor for Racecourse Medical Centre in Derry/Londonderry.
The Trust is stepping in to provide an interim solution following the unexpected withdrawal of the GP contractor who was awarded the contract earlier this month.
The new contract takes effect from 1 June 2023. Patients at the practice do not need to register with another practice. They should continue to contact the practice as normal and will receive a letter in the coming days advising of their new GP arrangements.
There are approximately 4,800 patients registered with Racecourse Medical Centre.
Notes to editors:
- *Figure accurate in April 2023
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours’ service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Young Persons Behaviour & Attitudes Survey 2022: Substance Use (Smoking, Alcohol & Drugs) 29 September 2023
- Safe Access Zones now established in Northern Ireland 29 September 2023
- Publication of NI Cancer Waiting Times Statistics: April – June 2023 28 September 2023
- COVID-19 Serious Adverse Incident report published 28 September 2023