Health Minister Robin Swann has welcomed the announcement by trade unions that they have accepted his proposals on pay parity and safe staffing.
The joint union statement followed separate consultations with their members.
The Minister said: “I very much welcome this trade union announcement. My first objective on taking up the post of Health Minister was to secure a resolution to the industrial action and I am delighted that this has now been achieved.
“This was made possible through important pay and staffing commitments which I was able to make with Executive-wide backing and I am grateful to my colleagues around the Executive table for this vital support.
“As I have repeatedly stated, our health service will need sustained investment year on year for the sake of patients and staff."
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0636 or email email@example.com . For out-of-hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on @healthdpt
- Ministers for Health agree Memorandum of Understanding between Irish Government and Northern Ireland Executive 07 April 2020
- Temporary pause of routine screening programmes 07 April 2020
- NI playing its part in NHS Covid-19 clinical trials 07 April 2020
- Health Minister visits Northern Ireland’s first Nightingale Hospital 07 April 2020