Health Minster Robin Swann, has announced an extension to the term of the Non-Executive Chair of the Southern Health & Social Care Trust (SHSCT).
Mrs Roberta Brownlee’s term has been extended from 7 September 2020 for a maximum period of 3 months. The Non-Executive Chair role attracts a remuneration of £30,924 per annum and carries a time commitment of 3 days per week.
This appointment has been made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for NI.
The SHSCT is one of five Trusts established as statutorily separate organisations within the HSC family, responsible for the delivery of responsive and effective health and care services and for the ownership and management of hospitals and other establishments and facilities. They provide health and social care services against Ministerial priorities, standards and targets and are performance managed by the Department and the Health and Social Care Board (HSC Board). Services will be provided as specified in contracts with the commissioners of health and social care services, namely the HSC Board.
The Board of the SHSCT is made up of 5 Executive Directors including the Chief Executive, a Non-Executive Chair and 7 Non-Executive Members.
Notes to editors:
- Mrs Roberta Brownlee – Mrs Brownlee was appointed Non-Executive Chair of the Southern Health and Social Care Trust (SHSCT) in March 2011. She was a Non-Executive Director of the former Southern Board from August 2003 to March 2007, a Non-Executive Director with the SHSCT from April 2007 and the former Armagh and Dungannon Trust from July 2000 to October 2002. Mrs Brownlee has extensive senior management experience in the Public, Private and Voluntary Sectors and brings to the Chair’s position her Executive Leadership and Business Acumen. Mrs Brownlee was previously the Chief Executive at both the Sandown Group of Nursing Homes and Tamaris Healthcare. Mrs Brownlee has significant interest in leadership, quality improvement, risk management and stakeholder involvement. Mrs Brownlee is the owner of Silverdale Care Home in Castlederg, which is situated in the Western Trust area. She is a former member of the Prison Service Pay Review Body (PSPRB). Mrs Brownlee has 2 other current public appointments: as a Member of the Care Tribunal (NI) from 2003 which is remunerated at £300 daily; and from April 2020, as Deputy Chair of the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI), a role which attracts remuneration of £11,412 with a time commitment of approximate 20 days per year. Mrs Brownlee was awarded an MBE in the New Year’s Honours list (2019) for her strong commitment to fundraising for over thirty years and for her role as Non-Executive Chair of the SHSCT.
- Appointments to the SHSCT are made with the approval of the Health Minister.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mrs Brownlee has declared that she has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110. Follow us on Twitter@healthdpt
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 3 October -16 October 2020 23 October 2020
- Postponed cancer procedures deeply disturbing 23 October 2020
- Shielding to remain paused 23 October 2020
- Care home sick leave support funding will continue – Health Minister 22 October 2020