The Department of Health today announced an extension to the term of appointment of Non-Executive Lay Member Mr Kenneth Henning MBE to the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS).
Mr Henning’s appointment has been extended with effect from 1 October 2018 for a maximum period of 6 months.
NIFRS provides a range of fire and rescue services to the Northern Ireland population of 1.71 million covering an area of over 5,500 square miles. It has 68 fire stations throughout Northern Ireland and is divided into four Area Commands which are supported by 14 Districts, strategically placed in order to create a community focus for NIFRS activities. NIFRS has a workforce of around 2,200 staff. The resource revenue made available to NIFRS for 2013/14 was £76.7 million.
The appointment as Non-Executive member to the NIFRS carries a time commitment of three days per month and attracts an annual remuneration of £5,962 per annum. There are no specific qualifications for appointment.
This appointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- Mr Kenneth Henning MBE, lives in County Armagh. He has been a member of the NIFRS Board since 2014. He chairs the Resources Committee and represents the Board on the NIFRS Desertcreat new College Programme Board. Mr Henning has both significant expertise and experience of organisational change management including Training & Development gained throughout his professional career. Mr Henning is member of the Service Delivery Committee and Remuneration Committee. Mr Henning has declared he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mr Henning has declared that he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or email email@example.com Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Mental Health and Learning Disability Inpatients 2018-19 21 August 2019
- NI Health and Social Care Workforce Census - March 2019 20 August 2019
- Publication of “Patient Education / Self Management Programmes for People with Long Term Conditions 2018/19” 14 August 2019
- Home Care Experience Survey 2018 08 August 2019