The Department of Health has extended the public consultation process on proposals to reshape stroke services and breast assessment.
Both consultations will now run until Friday 19 July, having been originally scheduled to finish on 18 and 17 June 2019 respectively.
The Department is planning a series of public engagement events in June on both the consultations.
It is committed to the widest possible public engagement on the proposals and on the wider need for transformation across health and social care.
The consultation extensions will help facilitate the vital debate on the best way to reshape services, by providing additional time for the public to fully consider the proposals and submit their views to the Department. The Department also intends to publish further information relating to the proposals, during the extended period, to assist the public’s understanding of these important proposed service changes.
They also take into consideration the increasing likelihood of a European election following the local government poll, and the Purdah issues this may raise for engagement.
To have your say, go to the consultations page on the Department's website.
Notes to editors:
- There will be a number of public engagement sessions for both the stroke and breast assessment consultations which will be held as separate meetings – details on times and venues will be issued in due course.
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or by email. For out-of-hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Reappointment of two Non-Executive Directors to the Public Health Agency 09 July 2019
- Complaints and Compliments received by HSC Trusts in Northern Ireland 2018-19 04 July 2019
- Transformation fund continues to support much-needed change 04 July 2019
- Extension to terms of Office for Non-Executive Chair and Six Non-Executive Members of the Northern Ireland Practice and Education Council for Nursing and Midwifery 02 July 2019