The Department of Health has announced an additional public engagement event in Enniskillen on proposals to reshape stroke care.
This week’s event in the town, on Wednesday 19 June, has attracted significant pre-booking interest.
As a result, a second engagement event will be held in Enniskillen on 17 July at the Killyhevlin Hotel, Enniskillen.
Department of Health Permanent Secretary Richard Pengelly said: “We are very encouraged by the level of public interest in the consultations on reshaping stroke and breast assessment care.
“It is essential that as many people as possible have their say on the proposals.
“It was looking increasingly unlikely that we would be able to accommodate everyone attending Wednesday night’s Enniskillen event, so we are adding a second date in the town.
“We are holding engagements in each Trust area on both consultations and are now reviewing options for some further events. As a result, the public consultation periods have been extended to Friday 2 August.
This demonstrates the Department’s commitment to inclusive and wide-reaching consultations.”
Details of the remaining public meetings are as follows:
All the events have a 7pm starting time.
Reshaping Breast Assessment Care public engagement events
24 June - Craigavon Civic Centre
25 June - Riddell Hall, Belfast
Reshaping Stroke Care public engagement events
18 June - Downpatrick Race Course, Downpatrick
19 June - Killyhelvin Hotel, Enniskillen
1 July - Lodge Hotel, Coleraine
2 July - Canal Court Hotel, Newry
17 July - Killyhevlin Hotel, Enniskillen
Notes to editors:
- Both consultations are available on the Department's website:
Reshaping Stroke Care Consultation - Closing date 2 August at 17:00
Reshaping Breast Assessment Services Consultation - Closing date 2 August at 17:00.
- Further information on the consultations including supplementary information and Q&As can be viewed on the Department’s website.
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or by email. For out-of-hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Extension to term of Office of a Non-Executive Member of the Patient and Client Council 17 July 2019
- Reappointment of two Non-Executive Directors to the Public Health Agency 09 July 2019
- Complaints and Compliments received by HSC Trusts in Northern Ireland 2018-19 04 July 2019
- Transformation fund continues to support much-needed change 04 July 2019