The Department of Health today announced the extension to the term of a non-executive member of the Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency (NIMDTA).
Mr Lee Wilson’s term is extended with effect from 13 February 2018 for a maximum period of 12 months.
The appointment carries a time commitment of 20 days per annum and attracts an annual remuneration of £2,981.
NIMDTA is responsible for funding, managing and supporting postgraduate medical and dental education within the Northern Ireland Deanery. It provides a wide range of functions in the organisation, development and quality assurance of Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education and in the delivery and quality assurance of Continuing Professional Development for general, medical and dental practitioners.
This appointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
1. Mr Wilson holds an MA in Administration and Law, and brings 20 years experience as a Finance Manager in a local Health Trust to the role. He was previously a Board Member of the Consumer Council for Northern Ireland and is currently a Board Member of the Northern Ireland Social Care Council. In the Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency he is the Chair of the Governance and Risk Committee.
2. This appointment was made with the approval of the Permanent Secretary of the Department of Health. There are no specific qualifications for appointment.
3. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mr Wilson declared that he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
4. Media enquiries to DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0579. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 9971 5440 and your call will be returned.
- Publication of the quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 30 September 2023 30 November 2023
- New pancreatic cancer partnership announced 30 November 2023
- Health Survey (NI): First Results 2022/23 29 November 2023
- New obesity consultations launched 24 November 2023