The attached short document sets out the background to the proposed amendments. The proposed amendments will:
- revise terminology in relation to post graduate dental training (previously referred to as “vocational training” now “dental foundation training”)
- recognise that, from September 2016, dental foundation training must be “satisfactorily completed”
- update the aims and objectives of postgraduate training to be consistent with parallel GB legislation
- update certain outdated legislative references; and
- use gender neutral terminology
The closing date for responses is Monday 11th July 2016.