As part of the negotiations it was agreed from 31 March 2008 the old Associate Specialist Grade was to be closed to new entrants. Eligible doctors were allowed to apply for personal regrading during a window of opportunity which ended on 31 March 2009.
[Personal regrading to the Associate Specialist (AS) grade is non-transferrable between employing organisations, as it is directly linked to the post in which the doctor’s application for regrading was approved.]
Fundamental to the new contract is the requirement for doctors to participate in job planning and appraisal - which will extend and develop their skills base - enabling them to progress through pay thresholds.
- Job Planning Standards of Best Practice for Associate Specialist and Specialty Doctors
- Model Contract
- Terms and Conditions of Service – Associate Specialist (NI) 2008
- Terms and Conditions of Service – Specialty Doctor (NI) 2008
- Regional Guidance on Job Planning for Associate Specialists and Specialty Doctors in Northern Ireland
- Employing and Supporting Specialty Doctors - A Guide to Good Practice
- Developing Specialty Doctors
- Charter for SAS Doctors in Northern Ireland