Data Controller Name: Department of Health (DoH)
Address: Castle Buildings, Stormont BELFAST BT4 3SQ
Telephone: 028 9052 0500
Data Protection Officer Name: Charlene McQuillan
Being transparent and providing accessible information to individuals about how we may use personal data is a key element of the Data Protection Act (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The Department of Health (DoH) is committed to building trust and confidence in our ability to process your personal information.
Description of our processing
Health Development Policy Branch and Health Improvement Policy Branch in the Department of Health oversees and provides secretariat to a number of steering groups and policy advisory groups that provide governance and advice in relation to policy development, implementation and evaluation.
We communicate electronically with group members which may require us to hold personal email addresses. We process this personal information as part of our Public Task. The processing is necessary for the Department to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise official authority vested in the Department.)
Whose personal information do we process?
We process personal information about:
- members of our various steering groups and policy advisory groups
- survey/consultation respondents/professional experts and consultants
Why we might need to process your information?
- For official communications and publicity materials
- Consultations and surveys
What types of personal information we process
The personal information processed includes:
- email address
- home address (only on hard copy responses to surveys/ consultations)
Where do you get this personal data from?
Personal data is provided by the above contacts themselves. A copy of this privacy notice is made available to them at the point of collection of their personal data. They are not obliged to supply any further personal information other than that described above.
Who is the information shared with?
We do not share this information outside of the Department; however, if for any reason we are ever required to share this information outside of the Department we will comply with all aspects of the GDPR and DPA.
We do not transfer your information to other countries.
Retention of records
The Department will ensure compliance with GDPR and DPA which requires that personal data is erased without delay when no longer required and is not stored for longer than necessary. Effective management of records from when they are created, how they are stored and used, through to their disposal or archive is in place. The destruction of records is determined by the Department’s approved retention policy Good Management, Good Records (GMGR).
What rights do you have?
- You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed, and access to your personal data
- You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- You have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to data portability, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to object to the processing, in specific circumstances
- You have rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
How to complain if you are not happy with how we process your personal information
If you are unhappy with any aspect of this privacy notice, or how your personal information is being processed, please contact the Department’s Data Protection Officer at the address below.
If you are still not happy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113