This Surge Planning Strategic Framework provides the overall structure and parameters within which HSC Trusts will develop plans for managing the response to COVID-19 in the event of further waves. This Framework:
- Highlights important learning from the first wave;
- Sets out our approach to surveillance and modelling;
- Reviews actions to minimize COVID-19 transmission and impact;
- Summarises key regional initiatives to organise health and social care services to facilitate effective service delivery;
- Highlights actions around the key issues of workforce, medicines and testing;
- Confirms a number of principles for our Health and Social Care Trusts to adopt when developing their individual surge plans.