Young people who turn 18 on or before 31 October 2021 can now access their vaccines at the seven regional vaccine centres across Northern Ireland.
They can avail of the walk-in facilities or if they wish to book an appointment the online system will be available from tomorrow (Thursday).
The move follows the announcement on Monday of new guidance from JCVI that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine will be offered to some children and young people aged 12 years and over.
Children and young people aged 12 years and over who live with someone who is immunosuppressed will receive a letter from their GP on the next steps. There is no need to contact your GP. They will write to you.
Arrangements for the vaccination of children aged between 12 and 15 with specific underlying health conditions to receive vaccination are being finalised and will be announced shortly. In the meantime parents are asked not to bring their children under 16 years of age to vaccination centres until this is announced.
This group currently includes those with severe neuro-disabilities, Down’s syndrome, underlying conditions resulting in immunosuppression, and those with profound and multiple learning disabilities, severe learning disabilities.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Regional Trust vaccination centres across Northern Ireland: Foyle Arena/ Omagh Leisure Centre/ Lakeland Forum/ South Lake Craigavon/ Seven Towers Ballymena/ RVH in Belfast, Vaccination Centre at the SSE Arena.
- Booking for the vaccination centres should be done online at: covid-19.hscni.net/get-vaccinated.
- Where online booking is not possible, the telephone booking number is 0300 200 7813.
- We get the health service we pay for, conference is told 25 November 2022
- Publication of the Quarterly Northern Ireland Inpatient, Day Case, Outpatient and Diagnostic Waiting Times Statistics - Position at 30 September 2022 24 November 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 24 November 2022
- Publication of “Statistics on Community Care for Adults in Northern Ireland 2021 - 2022”. 22 November 2022