Health Minister Robin Swann has welcomed another big week for the NI vaccination programme.
The Jabbathon student jab initiative continues with walk-in clinics at university and FE college campuses.
Vaccines will also be provided at the Balmoral Show, with a walk-in clinic running every day.
The Health Minister said: “The drive to get as many people in Northern Ireland vaccinated continues with a series of walk-in clinics.
“Every single vaccination counts – for individuals, for their family and friends and for our health service.
“We are all deeply concerned about the immense pressures on the health and care system. Getting your jab is the single most important thing you can do for the health service and its staff.”
Figures published by the Department of Health last week showed that of those in ICU wards with Covid, 72% are totally unvaccinated, having not a single dose of vaccine. 8% have had one dose and 20% have had two doses.
Totally unvaccinated people make up less than 12% of our adult population – yet account for 72% of people in ICU.
Check nidirect for updates on the ongoing programme of walk-in vaccine clinics in NI. First dose vaccination appointments can also be booked at participating community pharmacies: http://www.healthandcareni.net/pharmacy_rota/Covid_Moderna_Vaccination_Pharmacies.html
This week’s Balmoral Show walk-in clinic, run by the South Eastern Trust, will be open 10am to 6pm from Wednesday to Friday (September 22-24) and from 10am to 5pm on Saturday (September 25).
A number of this week’s Jabbathon walk-in clinics are open to the general public. Full details listed below.
Queen’s University Belfast
- Quad Lawn: 20 September to 24 September, 10am to 4pm (open to the public)
- Stranmillis College Belfast: 23 September, 10am to 7pm
- St Mary’s University College Belfast: 20 September to 23 September, 12.15pm to 2pm
- Magee Campus, Sports Hall: 22 September, 1pm to 5pm and 23 September, 4pm to 8pm (open to the public)
- Coleraine Campus, Sports Hall: 20 September and 21 September, 10am to 3pm (open to the public). There is a no heels policy at this location.
- Jordanstown Campus, Sports Hall 2: 20 and 21 September, 10am to 3pm (open to the public)
Belfast Metropolitan College
- Millfield Campus: 20, 22 and 24 September, 10am to 4pm
- Springfield Campus: 21 September, 10am to 4pm
- Castlereagh Campus, Gym: 21 September, 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Titanic Campus, Students Union: 20, 22 and 23 September, 9.30am to 4.30pm
North West Regional College
- Strabane Campus: 20 September, 2pm to 5pm
- Strand Road Sports Centre: 21 September, 9.30am to 1.30pm (open to the public)
South West Regional College
- Skills Centre: 21 September, 10.30am to 1.30pm
- Omagh Campus: 22 September, 1pm to 5pm (open to the public)
- Erne Campus: 23 September, 4pm to 8pm (open to the public)
- Enniskillen Campus: 21 September, 3pm to 6pm
- Greenmount Campus, Antrim: 20, 21 and 23 September, 10am to 2.30pm
- Loughry Campus, Cookstown: 20, 21 and 23 September, 10am to 2.30pm
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.