The deadline for the consultation on the future of Urgent and Emergency Care in Northern Ireland has been extended to 1 July 2022.
Encouraging people to have their say, Health Minister Robin Swann said: “Urgent and emergency care services belong to us all and this is a chance to shape and improve those services to ensure they are fit to meet all of our needs now and into the future.
“The mantra of urgent and emergency care reform is about seeing the right person, in the right place, first time. I urge everyone to consider and respond to the proposals set out in this important consultation.”
The changes outlined in the consultation report highlight the plans to protect access to emergency care, whilst providing alternative services/pathways for urgent but not life threatening conditions. These changes will have implications for the public and it is therefore important that people understand what is being outlined in the consultation.
To support the public respond to the consultation, the Patient and Client Council (PCC) has established a new dedicated telephone line that will allow people to answer the consultation questions over the phone with a member of PCC staff. The line will be available Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm. The telephone number is: 02895 368542.
A series of virtual events have also been taking place to support participation in the consultation process, the final of which will take place on Wednesday 8 June from 2pm – 3.30pm. Both British Sign Language (BSL) and Irish Sign Language (ISL) interpreting will be available at the event. People can also respond by completing an online questionnaire, emailing DoH or through the post. Further details on responding to the consultation or registering for the event are available through the Department of Health website.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email at email@example.com
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 05 August 2022
- Release of Northern Ireland inpatient, day case and outpatient hospital statistics for 2021/22 04 August 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 29 July 2022
- New digital strategy will unlock opportunities for health service improvements 28 July 2022