Urgent advice for community pharmacies in response to The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020 which came into operation at 11pm on 28 March 2020.
From the Chief Pharmaceutical Officer Cathy Harrison
The recent announcement on social distancing has raised some concerns from community pharmacy employers committed to maintaining services whilst adhering to guidance and legislation to protect their staff and the public.
All community pharmacies in Northern Ireland should open for business as normal and continue to follow the specific guidance for pharmacies in the HSCB Community Pharmacy FAQs and the Staff Protection Checklist which is available at http://www.hscbusiness.hscni.net/services/3124.htm, as well as general guidance on social distancing available at https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/news/covid-19-coronavirus.
The FAQs will be updated on an ongoing basis with new questions or updates to answers in response to the latest information and guidance becoming available.
Notes to editors:
The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020 are available on the Department of Health's website.
- For media queries please contact the Department of Health Press Office team on 028 9052 0636 or by email. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Children’s services a key priority - Swann 26 October 2020
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 3 October -16 October 2020 23 October 2020
- Postponed cancer procedures deeply disturbing 23 October 2020
- Shielding to remain paused 23 October 2020