Department of Health is currently finalising the recognition payment scheme for HSC staff. As soon as further information is available, it will be immediately published by the Department of Health.
A Departmental spokesperson said: “There is some inaccurate reporting that these payments will be made as early as May. This is not the case.
“The Department is very aware that any additional income may have unwelcome implications for any individual in receipt of income assessed benefits. We have been working strenuously to try to minimise disruption to benefits payments. While it is not possible to disregard the recognition payment, HSC Trusts will be offering any employee with concerns the option to receive their award in instalments. Staff will shortly be asked to opt-in to that arrangement, if they choose to.
“Staff will now have the opportunity to consider their options and seek independent advice to inform their decision. The Department is working to issue payment of the award to HSC employees in July.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (April - June 2021) 24 September 2021
- Don’t miss out on final walk-in jab clinics 24 September 2021
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 12 September to 18 September 2021 24 September 2021
- Workforce Appeal will help tackle hospital pressures – Swann 23 September 2021