Health Minister Robin Swann has updated the Assembly on the Muckamore Abbey Hospital Public Inquiry.
The Minister’s update included the establishment of Terms of Reference and the appointment of expert personnel to the Inquiry. It also confirmed that the setting up date for the Inquiry will be 11 October 2021.
The update was provided in a written statement to the Assembly and is available on the Department of Health website.
The Health Minister announced in September 2020 that a Public Inquiry would take place in relation to the serious concerns and the circumstances surrounding the abuse of patients at Muckamore Abbey Hospital.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- New era for pharmacist education 04 December 2023
- Publication of the quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 30 September 2023 30 November 2023
- New pancreatic cancer partnership announced 30 November 2023
- Health Survey (NI): First Results 2022/23 29 November 2023