Health Minister Robin Swann has updated the Assembly on the Muckamore Abbey Hospital Public Inquiry.
The Minister’s update included the establishment of Terms of Reference and the appointment of expert personnel to the Inquiry. It also confirmed that the setting up date for the Inquiry will be 11 October 2021.
The update was provided in a written statement to the Assembly and is available on the Department of Health website.
The Health Minister announced in September 2020 that a Public Inquiry would take place in relation to the serious concerns and the circumstances surrounding the abuse of patients at Muckamore Abbey Hospital.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Update on child health waiting lists 19 October 2021
- Minister Swann opens new Cancer Care Unit at Ulster Hospital 18 October 2021
- Swann hails vaccine take-up initiatives 17 October 2021
- Health Minister announces vital package of support for general practice 15 October 2021