The Department of Health is delighted to confirm that a new GP contractor has agreed to take over Kells and Connor Medical Practice, Ballymena.
The new contractor is Dalriada Urgent Care which also provides GP Out of Hours services for the Northern Trust area. The Dalriada Urgent Care proposal was made in the last few days and will provide stability for both the patients and staff of the practice.
This means the practice will not now close and its patients will not have to be allocated to other GP practices in the surrounding areas. Patients of the practice can disregard correspondence issued in the past week about the planned closure.
The Department very much regrets the uncertainty experienced in the local community.
A letter advising patients on the new GP contractor will be issued. Patients should continue to contact their GP practice as usual.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by e-mail email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of the quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 30 September 2023 30 November 2023
- New pancreatic cancer partnership announced 30 November 2023
- Health Survey (NI): First Results 2022/23 29 November 2023
- New obesity consultations launched 24 November 2023