The Department can confirm that the tests for the patient in Northern Ireland are negative for 2019-nCov.
Currently there are no confirmed cases in the UK, and the risk to the public remains low.
Along with the World Health Organisation we are working across the UK and the international community to closely monitor the situation.
Northern Ireland’s Chief Medical Officer Michael McBride said:
“I am being kept fully informed about the steps being taken to protect the public by the Public Health Agency and I am providing the Minister with regular updates.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the Department of Health Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or email email@example.com. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Don’t think Leicester’s lockdown couldn’t happen here 10 July 2020
- ‘Contact tracing to become part of everyday life’ 10 July 2020
- Trust rebuilding plans published 10 July 2020
- Current estimate of R Number 09 July 2020