Health Minister Robin Swann has today published the Trust rebuilding plans for July to September 2020.
The Minister said: “When I published the Rebuilding Health and Social Care Services Strategic Framework on 9 June, I was clear that increasing activity would be a significant challenge. Covid-19 is still with us and will continue to impact on the extent to which and how we deliver health and social care services.
“We need to increase the services as soon as possible and at the same time prepare for potential future surges. We need to be able to maintain social distancing while delivering for the many citizens who are waiting on a procedure or a diagnosis. I do not underestimate the challenge ahead and there will be a need to prioritise services given the significant constraints that our health and social care services continue to face.
“The public support throughout the pandemic has given strength to all of our health and social care staff. This has helped them deliver vital services during the most challenging period ever encountered by the sector. As we now move to increase capacity and activity, we will need to adopt a flexible and adaptable approach. I would urge the public to continue supporting our health and social care staff and show patience during this rebuilding phase.”
Also published today is a data annex, which sets out the anticipated activity by Trust across a range of services. It is important to recognise that this is based on the assumption that there will be no second Covid-19 surge before the end of September. The recently established Management Board will continue to monitor progress against these activity projections.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 27 January 2023
- Extensions to the terms of five interim authority members of the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority 27 January 2023
- Emergency Care Waiting Time Statistics (October - December 2022) 26 January 2023
- Publication of “Domiciliary Care Services for Adults in Northern Ireland (2022)” 24 January 2023