Greek islands removed from Travel Corridors exemption list.
Anyone travelling to Northern Ireland from Lesvos, Tinos, Serifos, Crete, Mykonos, Santorini and Zakynthos (Zante) from 4am on 9 September will need to self-isolate for 14 days.
The rest of Greece remains on the Travel Corridors exemption list.
Speaking about the changes, Health Minister Robin Swann said: “We will continue to monitor the situation in all countries and will move swiftly to make changes to the regulations when necessary.
“As we have seen in recent weeks, a quarantine period for people arriving from certain countries can be introduced very quickly so bear this in mind if you are planning any travel. The safety of the citizens of Northern Ireland will always be my priority.”
For information in relation to the travel regulations visit Coronavirus (COVID-19): travel advice
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Young Persons Behaviour & Attitudes Survey 2019: Substance Use (Smoking, Alcohol & Drugs) 22 September 2020
- Chief Medical Officer welcomes findings from young people’s survey on smoking, alcohol and drugs 22 September 2020
- Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the UK alert level 21 September 2020
- New plan to transform medication safety launched 17 September 2020