Greek islands removed from Travel Corridors exemption list.
Anyone travelling to Northern Ireland from Lesvos, Tinos, Serifos, Crete, Mykonos, Santorini and Zakynthos (Zante) from 4am on 9 September will need to self-isolate for 14 days.
The rest of Greece remains on the Travel Corridors exemption list.
Speaking about the changes, Health Minister Robin Swann said: “We will continue to monitor the situation in all countries and will move swiftly to make changes to the regulations when necessary.
“As we have seen in recent weeks, a quarantine period for people arriving from certain countries can be introduced very quickly so bear this in mind if you are planning any travel. The safety of the citizens of Northern Ireland will always be my priority.”
For information in relation to the travel regulations visit Coronavirus (COVID-19): travel advice
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Vaccine certification update 23 July 2021
- Northern Ireland’s vaccine certification App set to go live 23 July 2021
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 11 - 17 July 2021 23 July 2021
- Health Minister thanks incredible Samaritans volunteers 22 July 2021