Telephone vaccination booking is now available for people who received a shielding letter because they are Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV) to Covid-19.
The appointments are available at Northern Ireland’s seven regional vaccination centres.
To make an appointment by telephone, ring 0300 200 7813. The phone line is open Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
To make an appointment online, go to https://covid-19.hscni.net/get-vaccinated
Northern Ireland’s vaccination programme is taking a twin track approach.
If you are aged 65-69, or received a shielding letter because you are Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV), you can book an appointment at the regional centres.
If you are aged 70 or over, you will be contacted by your GP and provided with an appointment. You do not have to contact your GP – they will contact you.
Patricia Donnelly, head of Northern Ireland’s vaccination programme, said: “I would urge everyone who is eligible to make an appointment to do so without delay.
“Vaccination provides vital protection against the virus. It is so important that we continue to build on the good start to the programme in Northern Ireland.”
Anyone attending the regional vaccination centres must bring ID.
Please don’t book more than one appointment and please turn up for your appointment.
Northern Ireland’s vaccination figures were impacted by the weather at the weekend – but are expected to pick up again in the coming days.
Notes to editors:
- To fall within CEV aged and over bracket you must have been born between 1 April 2005 and 31 March 1957. Age and identity checks will be conducted at the vaccination centres.
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Vaccine programme extended to 60-64 year olds 01 March 2021
- Infected Blood: bereaved have not been forgotten - Swann 01 March 2021
- Updated visiting arrangements confirmed 26 February 2021
- Enjoy the weekend – but stay Covid free 26 February 2021