Family run healthcare provider Ann’s have announced the creation of 300 new social care jobs across Northern Ireland over the next 12 months.
The company, established in 1994, already manage a 2,500 strong team and will establish these new roles in their domiciliary care sector.
The announcement has been warmly welcomed by Health Minister Robin Swann, who later today will launch a public consultation on the reform of adult social care. The new jobs follow a £23m social care funding package announced by the Minister towards the end of 2021.
The Minister said: “Investment in the domiciliary and wider social care workforce is a central priority for me. The recommendations in the adult social care public consultation make this very clear. I very much welcome this jobs announcement and am pleased to see the £23m funding package making a real difference.”
The company’s Managing Director Ann McQuade said: “Ann’s are delighted to be working with the Department of Health to help ease the current pressures on the health and social care system. The recent rate increase for the independent sector has provided a much-needed boost to recruitment and has enabled us to fill 100 new care assistant posts already. This much welcomed rate increase has enabled Ann’s to offer staff, rates of up to £13 per hour plus mileage. This is something which we are certain has contributed to the increase in interest in care positions, including many applications from staff who had previously left the care industry due to poor rates of pay. This fresh recruitment drive and Ann’s commitment to the delivery of the highest quality of care will undoubtedly provide much needed solutions to the health and social care sector and lead to better outcomes for our ageing population.”
No previous caring experience will be required for a large proportion of these new roles. Ann’s have a fast-track recruitment process to allow candidates to enter training and commence work as soon as possible. Further information can be accessed on company website.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 02 December 2022
- DoH Statement 02 December 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey – Antibody Data For Northern Ireland 01 December 2022
- Patients benefit from investment in Armoy Medical Centre 30 November 2022