The Health Minister has said he will accept the recommendations made by pay review bodies but is unable to move forward without an agreed budget.
Minister Swann was speaking following the publication of recommendations by the respective pay review bodies for HSC Agenda for Change and Medical and Dental workforces. He said: “I wish to thank both NHSPRB and DDRB for their respective reports. I have considered the recommendations made by both bodies and would be content to recommend acceptance of these awards. In relation to the Agenda for Change Pay Award, this would maintain the previous commitments made by the Executive to maintain pay parity with NHS pay in England.
“However unlike my colleagues in other parts of the United Kingdom, I am unable to announce the immediate implementation of these pay awards locally as Northern Ireland still does not have an agreed Executive Budget for 2022/23. Equally I welcome and support the recent letter from the three devolved Finance Ministers asking the Chancellor to increase budgets to address pay and other pressures, including in the Health Service.”
Notes to editors:
- The pay review reports are available online for Agenda for Change staff: NHS Pay Review Body Thirty-Fifth Report: 2022 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) and Medical and Dental workforce: Review Body on Doctors’ and Dentists’ Remuneration 50th Report: 2022 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Health Minister welcomes infected blood interim payments 17 August 2022
- Dental earnings and expenses estimates, 2020/21 17 August 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey – Antibody Data for Northern Ireland 10 August 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 05 August 2022