Health Minister Robin Swann has paid tribute to Her Majesty The Queen following the announcement of her death.
Mr Swann said:
“My thoughts are first and foremost with her family at this time, as they grieve the loss of a mother, grandmother and great grandmother.
“This is a very sad and moving day, as we reflect on an incredible life of service, dignity and integrity.
“In July, Her Majesty presented the George Cross to the National Health Services of the United Kingdom. That was a very poignant event and a very fitting tribute. It also provided yet another example of the great leadership which the Queen provided to the nation throughout her long reign.”
Notes to editors:
1. For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt(external link opens in a new window / tab).
3. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Appointment of the Independent Chair to the Health and Social Care Pension Board (HSCPB) 27 September 2022
- Swann announces student bursary increase 27 September 2022
- Appointment of President to the Council of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland 26 September 2022
- Minister of Health announces package to support GPs 26 September 2022