The Department of Health has today published “Statistics on Community Care for Adults in Northern Ireland 2022 - 2023”.
This publication presents analyses on a range of community activity gathered from HSC Trusts, and includes topics such as domiciliary care, re-ablement, meals on wheels, audiology services, day care, and accommodation services.
Key Facts and Figures:
- at 30 June 2023, 11,914 residential and nursing home care packages were in effect.
- of the 11,914 care packages in effect, over two thirds (69%) were nursing home care packages and under one third (31%) were residential care packages.
- 306 persons, on average, were starting re-ablement service each month across Northern Ireland in 2022/23.
- at 31 March 2023, 924 persons were in receipt of meals on wheels services.
- at 31 March 2023, 5,118 persons were registered at statutory day care facilities.
Notes to editors:
1. This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the Department of Health.
2. This bulletin is published on an annual basis.
3. Statistics detailed within the bulletin include contacts with HSC Trusts, residential and nursing care packages in effect, meals on wheels, residential and nursing accommodation and day care registrations. Analyses are presented by HSC Trust.
4. Figures incorporate all returns and amendments received from HSC Trusts up to 20th October 2023.
5. This publication is available on the Department website.
6. Further information is available from:
7. For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Follow us on X @healthdpt and linkedIn Department of Health NI | LinkedIn
9. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of the quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 30 September 2023 30 November 2023
- New pancreatic cancer partnership announced 30 November 2023
- Health Survey (NI): First Results 2022/23 29 November 2023
- New obesity consultations launched 24 November 2023