Commenting on the publication of Emergency Care Waiting Time Statistics for April to June 2020, Health Minister Robin Swann stated:
“While the numbers of people attending Emergency Departments fell during the lockdown period, they have been rising steadily again.
“In the context of Covid-19, we must not permit overcrowding in our Emergency Departments to return to pre-pandemic levels.
“A number of initiatives are being developed to address this issue.
“This is an important priority, ahead of winter pressures for our Emergency Departments and the potential for further waves of Covid-19 infection.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Launch of joint DoH/DoJ consultation on ‘The establishment of a Regional Care and Justice Campus for children and young people’ 21 October 2020
- Evidence bank documents underline extremely difficult choices 21 October 2020
- Health Minister Robin Swann self-isolating after receiving exposure alert 21 October 2020
- Covid-19 evidence bank is published 20 October 2020