Commenting on the publication of Emergency Care Waiting Time Statistics for April to June 2020, Health Minister Robin Swann stated:
“While the numbers of people attending Emergency Departments fell during the lockdown period, they have been rising steadily again.
“In the context of Covid-19, we must not permit overcrowding in our Emergency Departments to return to pre-pandemic levels.
“A number of initiatives are being developed to address this issue.
“This is an important priority, ahead of winter pressures for our Emergency Departments and the potential for further waves of Covid-19 infection.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Minister Swann welcomes phased return of fertility services 10 August 2020
- Swann increases Clinical Psychology training places 10 August 2020
- Swann urges people to remain on high alert 10 August 2020
- We can stay on top of Covid-19 – but we need everyone’s help 09 August 2020