The Department regrets the industrial action in health and social care and the inevitable disruption it will cause across a range of services.
Latest information on impacts from the action will be available on HSC Trust websites.
The Department fully understands the frustrations of staff and the severe challenges they have been working under.
As things stand, the Department is not in a position make a formal pay offer.
This reflects the current absence of a budget for 2023/24 and the expectation of a significant financial shortfall.
We are potentially facing high impact cuts on health and social care services that are already under considerable pressure.
We are seeking clarification from the UK Government on Barnett consequentials for Northern Ireland from the proposed pay settlement in England. This will help inform ongoing engagement with trade union colleagues.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by e-mail at: email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Reform of Adult Social Care Consultation Summary Report published 01 June 2023
- 'Dáithí’s Law’ to go live tomorrow 31 May 2023
- Queen’s University Honour conferred on Chief Pharmaceutical Officer 30 May 2023
- My Waiting Times NI 25 May 2023