A patient who tested positive for Covid-19 has sadly died in a hospital in Northern Ireland.
The patient was elderly, had an underlying medical condition and was being treated in a hospital in the greater Belfast area.
Health Minister Robin Swann said: “I want to express my deep sadness at this death and send my condolences to the patient’s family and friends. It is, of course, essential that we respect their privacy at this sad time.
I would once again appeal to everyone to play their part in fighting the spread of this virus.”
Notes to editors:
- Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency
- Media queries to Department for Health Information Office on 028 9052 0636. Out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Children’s services a key priority - Swann 26 October 2020
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 3 October -16 October 2020 23 October 2020
- Postponed cancer procedures deeply disturbing 23 October 2020
- Shielding to remain paused 23 October 2020