Health Minister Robin Swann is closely liaising with colleagues in the Republic of Ireland and is being kept updated on developments.
The Minister said: “We will continue to co-operate on contact tracing and other vital steps as we work relentlessly to mitigate the spread of COViD 19. Earlier today, the First Minster, deputy First Minister, Taoiseach, Minister Harris and myself spoke together by teleconference. We underlined our commitment to continued cooperation between respective Departments and public health organisations on both sides of the border. I also spoke with Minister Harris again this evening.
“Northern Ireland’s Chief Medical Officer Dr Michael McBride has been briefed by the Chief Medical Officer in the Republic of Ireland, Dr Tony Holohan, on the confirmed case announced tonight.
“Positive test results had been anticipated on both sides of the border and we have repeatedly made clear it was a question of when not if. I have full confidence in the expertise and commitment of our public health professionals and pay tribute to everyone working hard to contain the spread of this virus and keep us well.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For out-of-hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on @healthdpt
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 02 December 2022
- DoH Statement 02 December 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey – Antibody Data For Northern Ireland 01 December 2022
- Patients benefit from investment in Armoy Medical Centre 30 November 2022