The Department of Health has announced the reappointment of three Non-Executive Directors to the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust Board.
Dr Maura Briscoe (Lay) and Mr Maynard Mawhinney (Lay) have been reappointed from 15 February 2020 to a date not later than 14 February 2024, and Mr Noel Brady (Finance) was reappointed from 22 February 2020 to a date not later than 21 February 2024.
The Non-Executive Director role attracts a remuneration of £8,283 per annum and carries a time commitment of 1 day per week.
The South Eastern HSC Trust is one of five Trusts established as statutorily separate organisations within the HSC family, responsible for the delivery of responsive and effective health and care services and for the ownership and management of hospitals and other establishments and facilities. They provide health and social care services against Ministerial priorities, standards and targets and are performance managed by the Department and the HSC Board. Services will be provided as specified in contracts with the commissioners of health and social care services, namely the HSC Board.
All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. All appointees declared they had not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
The appointments are made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for NI.
Notes to editors:
- Dr Maura Briscoe – Maura qualified as a medical practitioner in 1978. She subsequently trained as a general practitioner and worked in Armagh for nearly ten years. She joined the core Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety in 1997 and retired in 2014. During her time in the Department of Health, she obtained wide experience in the fields of Public Health, Safety and Quality, and Mental Health and Disability policy, including Learning Disability. Since 2016, Maura has been a Non - Executive Director in the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust and was reappointed to that position in 2020.
- Mr Maynard Mawhinney – Maynard is a member of the board of the Health & Safety Executive (NI) & until recently an independent Director with Around Noon Ltd. He is a member of the College Advisory Group to CAFRE. He serves as a consultant to BDO focussing on agri-food and family businesses. Maynard also engages in private consultancy work and has advised a number of companies on marketing strategy and PR. He has a keen interest in Health & well-being and personally enjoys hill walking and the gym. He is married with two grown up sons.
- Mr Noel Brady - Noel is MD of his company, Consult Nb1, which provides services to national and international companies. He has held senior positions for over 40 years in both the public and private sectors. He is an Honorary Fellow of the Sales Institute of Ireland and is also a Fellow of the Institute of Directors. Noel is a member of the Board of the NI Assembly Business Trust and he has just completed 8 years as a Belfast Harbour Commissioner. Noel is also Chairman of the Continu Group of companies.
- These reappointments were made with the approval of the Permanent Secretary of the Department of Health prior to Minister Swann being appointed. There are no specific qualifications required for these appointments.
- Media enquiries to DoH Press Office on 02890 5202 6198 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt.
- NI playing its part in NHS Covid-19 clinical trials 07 April 2020
- Health Minister visits Northern Ireland’s first Nightingale Hospital 07 April 2020
- Ministers for Health agree Memorandum of Understanding between Irish Government and Northern Ireland Executive 07 April 2020
- Temporary pause of routine screening programmes 07 April 2020