The Department of Health has announced the reappointment of a Non-Executive (Finance) Member to the Children’s Court Guardian Agency for Northern Ireland formerly known as the Northern Ireland Guardian Ad Litem Agency (NIGALA).
Mr Lee Wilson’s reappointment commenced on 8 April 2023 and will end on a date not later than 7 April 2027.
The Agency’s Non-Executive Member position attracts an annual remuneration of £4,084 with a time commitment of 30 days per annum.
This reappointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
The Agency provides children’s court guardians who are appointed by the court to represent children in family law proceedings, including care and adoption proceedings.
The Children’s Court Guardian Agency for Northern Ireland was established by the Children’s Court Guardian Agency for Northern Ireland (Establishment and Constitution) Order, which came into operation on 6 March 2023.
The Board of the Agency comprises a Non-Executive Chair, four Non-Executive Members and the Chief Executive.
Notes to editors:
- Mr Lee Wilson holds a BA Hons in Business Studies, MA in Administration and Law and a PG Diploma in Social and Community Development. He has previously served as a Non-Executive Board Member for the Consumer Council for NI, the NI Medical and Dental Training Agency and the NI Social Care Council. Professionally he has over 20 years’ experience as a Finance Manager in a local HSC Trust. Mr Wilson holds one other public appointment with the Department for the Economy as a Member of the Board of the Labour Relations Agency. This position attracts a remuneration of £5,643 and has a time commitment of at least 10 meetings per annum.
- Appointments to the Children’s Court Guardian Agency for Northern Ireland are made with the approval of the Department of Health.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. The appointee has declared that he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by e-mail email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of the quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 30 September 2023 30 November 2023
- New pancreatic cancer partnership announced 30 November 2023
- Health Survey (NI): First Results 2022/23 29 November 2023
- New obesity consultations launched 24 November 2023