The Department of Health has announced the reappointment of Non-Executive Lay Member Mr Kenneth Henning MBE to the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS).
Mr Henning has been reappointed with effect from 1 April 2019 for a maximum period of three years and 6 months.
NIFRS provides a range of fire and rescue services to the Northern Ireland population of 1.71 million covering an area of over 5,500 square miles. It has 68 fire stations throughout Northern Ireland and is divided into four Area Commands which are supported by 14 Districts, strategically placed in order to create a community focus for NIFRS activities. NIFRS has a workforce of around 2,200 staff.
The appointment as Non-Executive member to the NIFRS carries a time commitment of three days per month and attracts an annual remuneration of £6,141 per annum. There are no specific qualifications for appointment.
This appointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- Mr Kenneth Henning MBE has been a member of the NIFRS Board since 2014. He chairs the Resources Committee and represents the Board on the NIFRS Desertcreat new College Programme Board. Mr. Henning has significant expertise and experience of organisational change management including Training & Development gained throughout his professional career. Mr Henning is member of the Service Delivery Committee and Remuneration Committee.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mr Henning has declared that he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- For media enquiries please contact the DOH Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or email email@example.com Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 10 - 16 January 2021 22 January 2021
- Northern Ireland Termination of Pregnancy Statistics 2019/20 20 January 2021
- Swann: Please stay at home if you have symptoms or have Covid-19 19 January 2021
- Plan to eliminate hepatitis C in Northern Ireland 19 January 2021