The Department of Health has announced the reappointment of a Non-Executive Director (Lay) to the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service (NIAS).
Mr Jim Dennison’s reappointment commenced on 1 March 2023 and will end on a date not later than 28 February 2027.
The NIAS Non-Executive Member position attracts an annual remuneration of £6,535 with a time commitment of 3 days per month.
This reappointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service exists to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Northern Ireland. NIAS provides quality emergency, urgent and primary care services which is available to everyone. NIAS has 46 stations spread over 5345 square miles and serves over 1.8 million people. The NIAS Board comprises the Chair, 5 Non-Executive Members and 5 Executive Members (including the Chief Executive).
Notes to editors:
1. Mr Jim Dennison is the Chief Executive of the Simon Community NI, Northern Ireland’s largest and longest-serving homeless charity, a position he has held since 2014. Prior to this, he was Head of Operations at the Chartered Institute of Housing and Director of EU Peace Programmes at the Community Relations Council. Mr Dennison is a Non-Executive Director of the NI Ambulance Service and Chair of its People, Finance and Organisational Development Committee. He holds an Honours Degree in Politics from the Queen’s University of Belfast; a Post-Graduate Diploma in Regional and Local Development from the Dublin Institute of Technology; and is a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Housing.
2. Appointments to NIAS are made with the approval of the Department of Health.
3. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. The appointee has declared that he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
4. For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by e-mail email@example.com
5. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
6. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Swann sets out waiting list task 20 February 2024
- Health Minister writes to the BMA Junior Doctors Committee 20 February 2024
- Increase in funded IVF provision 15 February 2024
- CAMHS Waiting Time Statistics for Northern Ireland (December 2023) 14 February 2024