The Department of Health today announced the reappointment of a Non-Executive Director to the Northern Health and Social Care Trust (NHSCT). Mr William Graham is reappointed with effect from 21 July 2018 for a maximum period of four years.
The Northern Trust is one of five Trusts established as statutorily separate organisations within the HSC family, responsible for the delivery of responsive and effective health and care services and for the ownership and management of hospitals and other establishments and facilities. They provide health and social care services against departmental priorities, standards and targets. Services will be provided as specified in contracts with the commissioners of health and social care services, namely the Health and Social Care Board.
This appointment carries a time commitment of one day per week and may involve commitment both inside and outside normal working hours. The Non-Executive Director of the Northern Trust appointment attracts an annual remuneration of £7,960.
This appointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- William (Billy) Graham was Chief Operating Officer for Northern Ireland Electricity for eight years and was a member of the NIE Executive Committee for over 10 years. He currently holds other public appointments as non-executive Director with the Health and Safety Executive and as a member of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive DLO Performance and Development Committee. Billy is Chairman of the Trust Audit Committee, a member of the Trust Assurance Committee, a member of the Trust Medical and Dental Education Committee and the Engagement Experience and Equality Committee. He is also Chairman of the Trust Organ Donation Committee.
- This re-appointment was made with the approval of the Permanent Secretary of the Department of Health. There are no specific qualifications for appointment.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mr Graham declared that he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- Media enquiries to DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0575 or email email@example.com. For out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 31 December 2023 29 February 2024
- Proven success of General Practice Pharmacy paves the way for ambitious future plans 28 February 2024
- Appointment of Health and Social Care Trust Non-Executive Directors 27 February 2024
- A year of ‘damage limitation’ - Swann 27 February 2024