The Department of Health has today published “Statistics on Community Care for Adults in Northern Ireland 2020 - 2021”.
This publication presents analyses on a range of community activity gathered from HSC Trusts, and includes topics such as domiciliary care, re-ablement, meals on wheels, audiology service, day care, and accommodation services.
Key Facts and Figures:
- At 30 June 2021, 11,398 residential and nursing home care packages were in effect.
- Of the 11,398 care packages in effect, over two thirds (69%) were nursing home care packages and under one third (31%) were residential care packages.
- 382 persons, on average, were starting re-ablement service each month across Northern Ireland in 2019/21.
- At 31 March 2021, 1,173 persons were in receipt of meals on wheels services.
- At 31 March 2021, 5,686 persons were registered at statutory day care facilities.
Notes to editors:
- This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
- This bulletin is published on an annual basis.
- Statistics detailed within the bulletin include contacts with HSC Trusts, residential and nursing care packages in effect, meals on wheels, residential and nursing accommodation and day care registrations. Analyses are presented by HSC Trust.
- Figures incorporate all returns and amendments received from HSC Trusts up to 15 October 2021.
- This publication is available online.
- Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Belfast BT4 3SP
Tel: (028) 90 522342 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.