The Department of Health has today published “Statistics on Community Care for Adults in Northern Ireland 2018-2019”.
This publication presents analyses on a range of community activity gathered from HSC Trusts, and includes topics such as domiciliary care, re-ablement, meals on wheel, audiology service, day care, and accommodation services.
Key Facts and Figures:
- At 30 June 2019, 12,154 residential and nursing home care packages were in effect.
- Of the 12,154 care packages in effect, over two thirds (70%) were nursing home care packages and under one third (30%) were residential care packages.
- 481 persons, on average, were starting re-ablement service each month across Northern Ireland in 2018/19.
- At 31 March 2019, 1,588 persons were in receipt of meals on wheels services.
- On average, 383 hearing aids for adults were fitted each week across Northern Ireland, in 2018/19 by the statutory health services.
- At 31 March 2019, 6,478 persons were registered at statutory day care facilities.
Notes to editors:
- This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
- This bulletin is published on an annual basis.
- Statistics detailed within the bulletin include contacts with HSC Trusts, residential and nursing care packages in effect, meals on wheels, residential and nursing accommodation and day care registrations. Analyses are presented by HSC Trust.
Figures incorporate all returns and amendments received from HSC Trusts up to 11 October 2019.
This publication is available on the Department's website.
- Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Belfast BT4 3SQ
Telephone: (028) 9052 2342
- For media enquiries please contact the Department of Health Press Office on 028 9052 0575 or email email@example.com . For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Minister Swann welcomes trade union decision 24 February 2020
- Health budget for 2020/21 will be crucial - Swann 11 February 2020
- Department of Health statement on Coronavirus (Covid-19) 07 February 2020
- Health Minister meets families bereaved through suicide 06 February 2020