The Department of Health (DoH) has today published Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (July - September 2021).
This publication of quarterly figures relates to assessments and re-assessments offered to carers in Northern Ireland. A carers’ assessment looks at each carer as an individual with their own personal circumstances, and will identify any particular needs they may have as a result their caring duties.
Key Facts and Figures:
During quarter ending 30 September 2021:
- A carers' assessment was offered to 3,989 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 30 September 2021. This represented an 8% (350) decrease on the number of assessments offered in the previous quarter, but an increase of 18% when compared to the same quarter in 2020.
- Of the 3,989 carers’ assessments offered, 59% (2,345) were accepted / completed and 41% (1,644) were declined.
- Those carers caring for someone in the Family and Childcare / Children with Disabilities client groups were the most likely to accept an offer of an assessment, whereas those caring for someone in the Older People client group were most likely to decline an offer of an assessment.
- A carers' reassessment was offered to 1,061 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 30 September 2021. This represented a 3% increase on the number of reassessments offered in the previous quarter, but a decrease of 9% when compared to the same quarter in 2020.
- Of the 1,061 carers’ reassessments offered, 70% (746) were accepted / completed and 30% (315) were declined.
Notes to editors:
- This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
- A statistical release of carers’ information is published on a quarterly basis.
- Statistics detailed within the bulletin are presented regionally and by Health and Social Care Trust in respect of carers’ assessments and reassessments that are offered, accepted / completed and declined; and are available by the client group of the person being cared for.
- Similar statistics relating to the quarter ending 31 December 2021 are due for release in February 2022.
- This publication is available online
- Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Room 11, Annexe 2
Belfast BT4 3SP
Tel: (028) 90 528134
website: Department of Health
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Health Minister commends COVID-19 clinical research team 20 May 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) infection survey, Northern Ireland: weekly report 20 May 2022
- ‘Know, Check, Ask’ before you take medication 19 May 2022
- Publication of ‘The Prevalence of Autism (including Asperger's Syndrome) in School Age Children in Northern Ireland. Annual report 2022' 19 May 2022