The Department of Health (DoH) has today published “Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (January – March 2016)”.
This publication of quarterly figures relates to Carers’ Statistics in Northern Ireland.
Key Facts and Figures:
During quarter ending 31 March 2016:
- a carer’s assessment was offered to 3,452 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 31 March 2016. This represented an increase of 7% (240) from the quarter ending 31 December 2015 (3,212) and an increase of 12% (376) from the same quarter last year (3,076)
- of the 3,452 carers’ assessments offered, 38% (1,328) were accepted / completed and 62% (2,124) were declined
- those carers caring for someone in the Older People client group were more likely to decline an offer of an assessment, whereas those caring for children (excluding CAMHS), as well as those caring for clients with a physical or learning disability, were more likely to accept the offer of an assessment
- a carer’s reassessment was offered to 621 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 31 March 2016. This represented a decrease of 5% (35) from the quarter ending 31 December 2015 (656) and an increase of 22% (113) from the same quarter last year (508)
- of the 621 carers’ reassessments offered, 59% (369) were accepted / completed and 41% (252) were declined
Notes to editors:
1. This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
2. A statistical release of carers’ information is published on a quarterly basis.
3. Statistics detailed within the bulletin are presented regionally and by Health and Social Care Trust in respect of carers’ assessments and reassessments that are offered, accepted / completed and declined; and are available by the client group of the person being cared for.
4. Similar statistics relating to the quarter ending 30 June 2016 are due for release on 8 September 2016.
5. This publication is available online
6. Further information is available from:Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Belfast BT4 3SP
Telephone: 028 9052 8134
Fax: 028 9052 3288
7. Media enquiries about this press release to DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0575, or out of office hours contact to Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715440 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Northern Ireland Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) Information 2019/20 30 October 2020
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 17 - 23 October 2020 30 October 2020
- Statistics from the Northern Ireland Substance Misuse Database: 2019/20 29 October 2020
- Swann Welcomes Funding Allocation to Health 29 October 2020