The Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety has today published ‘Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (January – March 2015)’.
This publication of quarterly figures relates to Carers’ Statistics in Northern Ireland.
Key facts and figures
During quarter ending 31 March 2015:
- A carer’s assessment was offered to 3,076 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 31 March 2015. This represented an increase of 22% (563) from the quarter ending 31 December 2014 (2,513) and an increase of 5% (143) from the same quarter last year (2,933)
- Of the 3,076 carers’ assessments offered, 41% (1,253) were accepted / completed and 59% (1,823) were declined
- A carer’s reassessment was offered to 508 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 31 March 2015. This represented an increase of 37% (137) from the quarter ending 31 December 2014 (371) and an increase of 32% (124) from the same quarter last year (384)
- Of the 508 carers’ reassessments offered, 67% (341) were completed and 33% (167) were declined
Notes to editors:
- This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DHSSPS.
- This bulletin is published on a quarterly basis.
- Statistics detailed within the bulletin are presented regionally and by Health and Social Care Trust in respect of carers’ assessments and reassessments that are offered, accepted / completed and declined; and are available by the client group of the person being cared for.
- Similar statistics relating to the quarter ending 30 June 2015 are due to be published on 10 September 2015.
- Quarterly carers' statistics for Northern Ireland June 2014 to March 2015
Further information is available from Community Information Branch
Media enquiries about this press release to DHSSPS Press Office on 9052 0505, or out of office hours contact to Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter: @healthdpt
- Northern Ireland Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) Information 2019/20 30 October 2020
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 17 - 23 October 2020 30 October 2020
- Statistics from the Northern Ireland Substance Misuse Database: 2019/20 29 October 2020
- Swann Welcomes Funding Allocation to Health 29 October 2020