The Department of Health (DoH) has today published “Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (April - June 2022)”.
This publication of quarterly figures relates to assessments and re-assessments offered to carers in Northern Ireland. A carers’ assessment looks at each carer as an individual with their own personal circumstances, and will identify any particular needs they may have as a result their caring duties.
Key Facts and Figures:
During quarter ending 30 June 2022:
- A carers' assessment was offered to 3,843 carers in Northern Ireland during the Quarter ending 30 June 2022. This represented a 8% increase on the number of assessments offered in the previous quarter, but a decrease of 11% when compared to the same quarter in 2021.
- Of the 3,843 carers’ assessments offered, 57% (2,204) were accepted / completed and 43% (1,639) were declined.
- Those carers caring for someone in the Family and Childcare / Children with Disabilities client groups were the most likely to accept an offer of an assessment, whereas those caring for someone in the Older People client group were most likely to decline an offer of an assessment.
- A carers' reassessment was offered to 1,475 carers in Northern Ireland during the Quarter ending 30 June 2022. This represents an 18% increase on the number of reassessments offered in the previous quarter and an increase of 43% when compared to the same quarter in 2021.
Of the 1,475 carers’ reassessments offered, 83% (1,217) were accepted / completed and 17% (258) were declined.
Notes to editors:
- This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
- A statistical release of carers’ information is published on a quarterly basis.
- Statistics detailed within the bulletin are presented regionally and by Health and Social Care Trust in respect of carers’ assessments and reassessments that are offered, accepted / completed and declined; and are available by the client group of the person being cared for.
- Similar statistics relating to the quarter ending 30 September 2022 are due for release in December 2022.
- This publication is available online at: https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/articles/carers-assessments-and-reassessments
- Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Room 11, Annexe 2
Belfast BT4 3SP
Tel: (028) 90 528134 E-mail: email@example.com
Internet: Department of Health
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt (external link opens in a new window / tab)
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of “Children Adopted from Care in Northern Ireland 2021/22” 28 September 2022
- Appointment of the Independent Chair to the Health and Social Care Pension Board (HSCPB) 27 September 2022
- Swann announces student bursary increase 27 September 2022
- Appointment of President to the Council of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland 26 September 2022